Photo of author

By Dimakatso Modipa

Martin Mosima from Hammanskraal in Tshwane standing into a burn shack used to be a home photo by Dimakatso Modipa

The Mosima Family in Hammanskraal, Tshwane say ESKOM is to blame after their family home was burned down last week Sunday night. 

They say the delay by  Eskom to install new cables could have avoided  the fire that gutted their home after their cable was stolen in late July this year.

The family were now using candle light since they had no electricity. This led to a candle that was left on the floor to fall on a bed and caught fire which destroyed their  four-roomed 4 house.

The three siblings are now starting over and pleaded with the anyone who can help with donations to come forward.

Family member Martin Mosima told Tshwane Talks that when the fire started all three brothers were sleeping in their own bedrooms. “I saw heavy smoke coming from one of the rooms. As I rushed to check what was wrong it was too late as the fire was now intense.

“I blame Eskom for this fire. We are using candles because of their delayed response to install cables. If they did their job early then our shacks would still be standing today,” Mosima said.

Mosima concludes that they are pleading with Eskom to come quickly and install the cables and to get a new meter box and they are pleading for donations of furniture, clothes, appliances.

if anyone want to donate to the Mosima family they can contact 0720782315

Leave a comment